Tuesday, February 23, 2016

First Haircuts

       About a month ago the boys had their first haircuts.  I was very nervous anticipating this time but more about how they would react to someone they didn't know touching them rather than how they would look afterwards.  I tried to go in with a plan; I thought it would be best to put my quiet, laid back Grayson in first.  He tends to be much more easy going and if he gets too upset then he just sticks his thumb in his mouth... usually.  That was not the case this day.
         From the time he sat down in the adorable red car he was over it and this only intensified as the stylist began to comb and trim his locks.  However, she was just so kind and patient with him and really took her time to ensure that she was doing a great job while she continually handed him lollipops.  

       He ended up with such a cute big boy hairstyle that is much easier to manage and happens to make him look so much older.
        By the time we were done with Grayson I was completely stressed and overwhelmed knowing that Josiah was next.  I felt for the stylist as well as everyone else trying to get their haircut.  I tried to leave and come back another day but the wonderful stylist insisted that we do it then so I agreed.  I was completely shocked that Josiah just seemed to enjoy it.  Even after watching his brother sit there and scream like he was being tortured he was perfectly fine.  

      Along with the boys having opposite color hair, the texture is also quite different and Josiah's seems to have a bit of a wave to it.  We decided to keep his a bit on the shaggier side and it suits him perfectly.

         He walked out of the barber shop like he owned the place.  These boys keep me on my toes that is for sure!  Just when I think I have it figured out they do the opposite of what I would think they would and I kind of love that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket