Saturday, September 22, 2012

A Gift for Harper

           This past February, a coworker and friend of mine had an adorable baby girl.  She named her Harper and she has the most beautiful blue eyes.  Seriously, I think I comment on her baby blues every time I see the child! 
           Natalie, my coworker, had a baby shower last year sometime and I always like to give something handmade as well as practical gifts when it comes to baby showers.  There is just something so special about sitting and using your hands to create something for a child that isn't even here yet.  Picturing who the child will look like and thinking about what their personality will be like is inevitable when you are sitting and knitting a blanket or sewing an outfit or in this case crocheting a cute little hat.
              I decided on a little owl hat.  This was very simple to crochet and a lot of fun.  I love the button embellishments for the eyes and the way the wise old owl's ears stand up.  Luckily, with fall approaching, this hat is now the perfect size for sweet Harper.  Here's a couple of pictures of her modeling her little beanie just to melt your heart.
     
Thanks for reading!
Amanda

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket