Friday, January 4, 2013

And suddenly she's two



In just a few short hours my sweet Brooklynne will be two... TWO! I can barely believe it.  These past two years have flown by and I have watched my tiny four pound newborn become a toddler in what seems like a blink of an eye.
  Today as she was napping I thought about the days leading up to her birth.  I thought about the anxiety of having to be induced so early because she wasn't growing, the worry that we did not have everything we needed for an infant, the fear as her heart rate dropped as I labored and the intense love I felt for this person that I had yet to meet.  Throughout these past couple of years my heart has seemed to grow everyday as I wake up and fall more and more in love with my girl.
   So much of Brooklynne's personality has come out.  It is so fascinating to watch her develop likes and dislikes and little quirks that make up who she is.  She has her daddy's kind heart and her mama's goofy sense of humor.  She loves all of her cousins and any baby she sees.  Art has defiantly become her favorite thing to do, she wakes up in the morning and heads straight to her easel.  She is scared of everything!  Poor girl jumps at her own shadow ( she might have gotten that from mama too hehe). She is funny, and sassy and so persistent.  The best has got to be her ever expanding vocabulary.  Every time she says " love you" I swear my heart melts.  And I pray that I always remember her sweet "tank you's" and "bless you".
  To my very soon to be two year old: happy birthday babes!  I can not wait to see what this year has in store for us...but do you mind slowing down just a little!?

Xo
Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket