Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Nature Walks and Ice-cream

        Yesterday Brooklynne and I decided to take advantage of the outdoors while the temps were 70 degrees and higher. Cold weather isn't my favorite, I'll take the heat any day. I am so glad we did because not only did we have the best time but the temperature has plummeted today. (Okay so it's probably only in the 50's or something but I am a life long Florida girl so you will have to give me a break!)
        We went out to a nature trail that is perfect for a certain curious two year old who loves to be independent. Brooklynne had the best time and is was so fun to listen to her trying to tell me about everything she was seeing. She would look out at the creek and trees then say "Let's Go!", take a few steps and do the same thing again.
         I packed a picnic for us and after we ate we headed to Dairy Queen for Brooklynne's favorite, ice cream. Her eyes lit up when she saw the vanilla ice cream swirled on top of the sugar cone.
         I love simple days like yesterday. Days of just soaking in details and getting to see things that I have seen all of my life in a fresh, new way. It's amazing the gift that our children give to us, being able to see the world again through their innocent eyes.

xo
Amanda





No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket