Saturday, January 19, 2013

Currently

Watching: Parenthood, I just love this show!  I have never related to a television show or movie the way I do with Parenthood.  I celebrate with them, cry with them (a lot), get angry with them (SARAH BRAVERMAN).  I think that is the beautiful thing about this show, at some point you find yourself relating to these fictional characters.  Also, I have been watching The Biggest Loser.  I love Jillian Micheals and I admire each contestant making strides to improve their health.


Listening to: Any Bethel Worship music I can get my hands on.  For Christmas Jared got me the "For the Sake of the World" cd and I listen to it or watch the accompanying dvd constantly.  If you are not familiar with Bethel I am including a link to one of their songs.

Reading:  The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.  I haven't gotten very far into this book but I loving it so far.  The book is told from the perspective of Hazel who is a smart, funny young woman who has cancer and falls for a boy that she meets a support group.  One of my goals is to read more this year, at least two books a month.  After I finish this one I think I am going to revisit an old favorite.  

Thinking about: Encouraging others.  I came across this blog recently and I have been checking back daily because I am so inspired by this woman!  Jess has an adorable toddler and she is an extremely talented crocheter.  However, I am most intrigued by her heart.  She writes a lot about the random acts of kindness and gifts that she spends her time doing.  It is so easy for me to get "so busy" that I forget to be an encouragement to the people around me.  So often I allow myself to think "Well, what can I do?" and sometimes  most of the time it is the smallest things that make the biggest difference.

This post was inspired by Dani over at Sometimes Sweet, if you are not familiar with her be sure and check out her blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket