Thursday, July 18, 2013

Seeing double

On July 17, Jared and I had our first appointment for this pregnancy. I was so excited that he got to be there and was so nervous for the week leading up to it. I just couldn't wait to see that little heartbeat and my tiny baby.
We decided to leave Brooklynne with my in laws just in case something wasn't quite right. She is also very protective over mama and I didn't think she would understand someone poking all around on me. So Jared and I made the drive just the two of us and I made nervous small talk the whole time.
We were finally called back for our ultrasound. My anxiety was at an all time high and then we saw the little one and the beating heart. I was more than delighted. I could breathe.
Jokingly, I then asked " there is just one in there right?" My doctor said yes and then moved ever so slightly and BAM... There was another precious baby with another sweet beating heart. It was all too much, tears filled my eyes and I peeled my eyes away from the screen to my husband who had the most shocked face I have ever seen. We all just laughed.
When we came out of the ultrasound room all the nurses were smiling and congratulating us since they had heard the squeals. We walked out in a haze and sat in the car trying to figure out clever ways to tell our family.
The drive to my in laws felt never-ending, we just couldn't wait to share the news. And watching everyone's face as they looked at the ultrasound pictures and realized that they were looking at two babies was absolutely priceless and something I will never forget.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket