Saturday, July 13, 2013

Sisters

Growing up I desperately wanted a sister. It would be my birthday wish as I blew out my candles and my prayer at night. I have two older brothers who I appreciate much more now but I just felt like there was no way for them to "get me" when I was growing up. I wanted a sister that I could tell all of my secrets to and talk about boys. Someone who's clothes I could steal and would straighten my hair in the back. I just wanted that bond.
I was the baby of the family and never got that sister, however, God did something pretty amazing. I fell in love with a wonderful man who loves his family and happens to have seven of the most awesome sisters anyone could ask for. They have taken me in and truly been sisters to me. They are the ones I call with good news and the ones that will pray and be there for me in sad times. They are so much more than I could have even imagined a sister being.

1 comment:

  1. I love when God blesses us above and beyond our hearts desires!!! :)
    Love you!
    I'd be happy to share some of your clothes anytime... ;))

    ReplyDelete

Photobucket