Monday, April 7, 2014

Lunch Time: Tilapia

   I'm going to try and start a new series here about my lunches for myself and Brooklynne.  Every since I decided to make myself lunch everyday I really look forward to that time.
    I thought I would start out with a simple recipe that I can not believe I loved.  Baked tilapia.  If you know me well you would know that I do not like fish... I thought.  For whatever reason I decided to give it another try after seeing a post on Instagram and I am so glad I did!  
     This is a really easy dish that I can see myself making regularly for lunch, I would say dinner but Jared is not as open minded as I am ;)

Baked Tilapia with Yellow Squash and Peppers:  

1 frozen Tilapia filet
1 yellow squash, chopped
1 red or yellow pepper, chopped (I used both)
Olive oil 
Salt & pepper
Lemon juice
Lemon pepper

Lay filet on foil with squash on one side and the peppers on the other.  Lightly drizzle olive oil and lemon juice.  Season with salt, pepper and lemon pepper (or whatever you have on hand).  Bake at 400 for 30 mintues.

I really enjoyed this and there isn't a strong fishy taste.  If you think you don't like fish it may be worth giving it a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket