Friday, July 11, 2014

A Happy Fourth

       This past weekend was a full,  fun one as we celebrated the fourth.  What could be better than slow cooked ribs and grilled chicken? Not to mention hand cranked home made ice cream.  Can you tell holidays are all about the food for me?!  Well the food and some wonderful family time too! 


 


 
      We started out the day by waking slowly and just hanging out at the house together just the five of us (I still have to double count because I can not believe we are a family of five!).  Then we headed over to my parent's place for some time in the kiddie pool for Brooklynne and some good eating for us grown ups.  The boys seem to have some of the same temperaments as Brooklynne and really prefer to only sleep in their beds so it's always a bit of a struggle to get them to take a nap when we are out and about, however, a five month old needs a nap, but two five month olds absolutely, positively must have a nap!  So I put Josiah in the Ergo, his favorite place, and Jared had sweet Grayson and they both had a nice little rest.  Soon after that we headed to my in laws.  I love that the dynamic between our two families is so different.  At my parent's home it's just our three children but not at my in laws!  They are almost at thirty grandchildren!  And I am so happy to say that at family get togethers (which are quite often) most of them are there!   It's always loud, crazy, fantastic fun.  We spent the rest of the evening there eating some more and sitting outside watching the kids run all over the backyard.    


 


  


 


 


 


 


 


 

          Brooklynne doesn't like the loud, booming sound of fireworks so we headed home just before dark and got all the kids to bed.  As Jared and I sat and just watched tv together I couldn't help but feel so incredibly thankful.  For our children and family and for him.  Any holiday really turns me into a sap!  Getting all the extra time with family and a day to just be is such a gift.  




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket