Friday, February 8, 2013

A Knitted Bear



     

       A couple of weeks ago I knit my first stuffed animal! I was pretty excited that I was able to accomplish this and it wasn't nearly as complicated as I originally anticipated.
        I have a friend who will be having her first child in a couple of weeks, a little boy, and I really wanted to send her a little package near the end of her pregnancy filled with little things for the hospital that she may forget or not think about and of course something for baby boy! So after deciding it may be much to warm for a knitted hat I decided on trying my hand at a little knitted bear. I found this pattern on Etsy and it is very easy to read and great for a beginning knitter that maybe has a couple of projects under their belt. The most complicated stitches are the increases and decreases. It was a fun project that I was able to compete in a weekend working on it pretty diligently, however, most would probably complete this much faster as I am not the fastest knitter :)
        So now I just have to think of all the things I wish I had during my hospital stay with Brooklynne. What are some must haves for you after baby?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket