Monday, February 11, 2013

Baby Boom

           It seems like every week I learn of a new family member or friend who is expecting or a new little one has just been born. It is funny how these times seem to come in waves. Just a few years ago everyone was getting engaged and married and now we are all having babies.
          A good friend of mine had her third baby a couple of weeks ago, a sweet little girl. Even after having a couple of babies she couldn't find a nursing cover that she was happy with. I have made a couple of nursing covers in the past for my family so I decided to make one as a gift for her.
          I used this pattern from sew much ado for the dimensions and general details. I love that there is boning that comes out just enough for mama to take a peek at baby. I decided to add a satin lining so it would be smooth and cool to the touch for baby and mama. The outer material is a light home decor fabric that will hold up well after many washes.





        This nursing cover is very large. I am tall but it gives great coverage. Especially if you are having to chase around toddlers!


        And even though it has been warm here I couldn't resist crocheting a hat for the new little girl. It was a simple little project that was completed in a couple of hours.  I think these vibrant colors will look darling on her!
Thanks for reading!
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket