Tuesday, May 2, 2017

A Book of Prayers

     One of my favorite days in the year is New Years Day.  I am not ashamed to admit that I am the person who makes a hundred New Year's Resolutions or goals (I am ashamed to admit how many I keep haha).  My sweet husband, however, could not care one bit.  We really couldn't be more different.  He is so logical and practical and thinks "it's just another day."  And my free spirit says "anything can happen!"  I love him and the balance that we bring to each other.
     At the beginning of this year I purchased a little calendar from from the Target dollar spot because it was cute and only one dollar, we have all been there.  Anyways, I had no plans for it what so ever but when I was praying one day God began to speak to me about the New Year and writing down some prayers and dreams.  I approached Jared about it thinking there was no way I would get him on board but to my surprise God had been speaking to him about the same thing as well.
     As we sat down and scribbled somethings down that we believe God was instructing us to pray about as well as some of our own desires the little calendar from Target caught my eye.  In the back is a little section for notes so I transferred the prayers to that section and then had the idea to write down on the day when God answered the prayers in the book.
     So now, about five months in it is so amazing to see the prayers turned into praise reports written down on dates.  And I just have to brag on my Heavenly Father for a moment because there were somethings that we have given specific dates to that have happened in the time frame.  One of the things that we wrote at the beginning of the year was for Jared and our brother in law, Adam, to have training with a concrete company done in March.  They left for the trip to South Florida on March 30th.  God is so good.
      We have many more prayers that we are still believing for and they are some big ones but my God is so much bigger.  One last thing to share because Jared just blesses me so much.  Every morning Jared is up at 4 am to get ready for work he is usually so tired from staying up too late but almost every morning he sits at the dining room table with his Bible and a book of our prayers.  He is so faithful and I am just so thankful for his heart.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket