Friday, May 5, 2017

Oh Toodles! A Mickey Mouse Baby Shower

     Last month I had the pleasure of throwing my dear friend a baby shower.  Her sweet little son is due in July and I can not wait to meet him!
     With the help of her mother in law, sister in law and another friend we threw the Disney loving parents a Mickey Mouse themed shower.  
      Everything turned out just perfectly from the food to the centerpieces.  And the best part was the excitement on the new parents' faces when they walked into our church fellowship hall and saw it transformed.  
      Here are some pictures from the big day!
It's a little hard to see in this picture but on the outside of the double doors of our church fellowship hall we flanked the doors with balloons in Mickey's signature colors.  On the door I made a large sign using my Silhouette Cameo.  On the sign was the wording "Come inside, It's fun inside."
Each table was decorated the same.  We bought red solo cups and simply put two round, white stickers on each cup to mimic Mickey's pants.  I made all of the centerpieces with my Silhouette and pots I scored at the dollar tree.  I was not able to find enough in the same colors so I just spray painted them all black.  The centerpieces were very affordable since it was mostly scrapbook paper.  



The food tables were my favorite.  We served Mickey's club sandwiches and Hot Diggity Dogs as well as chips and a couple of other sides.  I think the signs in front of each dish were a very cute touch and I must mention that every piece of bread, sandwich meat and cheese was cut in the shape of Mickey's head using a cookie cutter.  

For desert we served vanilla and chocolate cupcakes all topped with vanilla icing and two mini oreos to act as mouse ears.  We also had cinnamon glazed almonds as something sweet to munch on.  I don't have a picture of our refreshment table, but we served a mint julep drink, a cherry sherbet punch (this was a nod to Walt Disney who's favorite treat was a cherry milkshake) and water of course.

To thank our guests for attending the shower we made chocolate dipped oreos and signed them on sweet baby boys' behalf.  

     It really was such a fun day! And I loved all the sweet touches in the room.  I know the mom and dad to be were so very excited to have a room full of people they love so excited to meet their first baby!  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket