Tuesday, May 9, 2017

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things: Fitness Edition

     In the past two months I have really committed to getting healthy and fit.  Sure, I have been pinning healthy inspiration for years but I have started taking it seriously, entering your 30's can do that to a girl!  In those two months of me actually putting in some effort I have lost 16 pounds and counting!  And the best is I am actually loving healthy foods and I crave going to the gym.  Like I miss it if I don't go, unbelievable...right?!
      I feel like after trying so many things for a couple of weeks I finally found some things that work for me.  Easy, affordable, and things that my entire family enjoy.  I will be sharing a ton more about this in future posts, but I thought I would share some of my favorite things that are helping me along the way.  None of these things are essential in any way but are just really fun to have.
       First up, my Fitbit Alta.  Years ago I had the first Fitbit model.  It was just a simple bracelet with not many bells and whistles but it got the job done.  Well, I got it wet and it never worked again.  When I started looking into getting another Fitbit the watch caught my eye.  There are so many cool features and I am a sucker for gadgets.  I am also very motivated by competition and my mom and I often compete on who can get the most steps in a day.  It is a great tool for me and tracks your sleep and workouts as well as your heart rate.


       Next, Halo Top ice-cream.  My goodness this stuff is good!  I keep repurchasing the chocolate flavor because it is pricey and I am scared to try another flavor and not like, though that is probably very unlikely.  Each pint is filled with protein and less than 300 calories... for the whole pint... THE WHOLE PINT!  Sorry to yell but you just can't beat that.  At night when the kids go to be Jared and I usually watch a show and I will have a couple of spoonfuls.

        These Nikes.  When I was starting to intensify my workouts I knew it was time to upgrade my shoes.  These are great light weight shoes that match everything (you know that's important).

         Finally, my fitness belt.  This was one of those things that I bought on complete impulse from the Target dollar spot a couple of seasons ago.  I was really skeptical about it, but it was around five dollars so I thought I would give it a try.  Now I don't think I could work out without it.  It is adjustable and never slides up or down and holds my phone and keys without me having to think about it.  Seriously, if you see one of these pick it up!  You won't regret it.


       So that sums up a few of my super non essential gym favorites.  Except the ice cream, ice cream is totally essential!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket